Radical action is needed immediately and throughout this decade to avoid the most catastrophic impacts of climate change. The global south is already experiencing the most intense impacts of climate change despite being the least responsible for it.
COP26 climate talks are due to take place this year and we have a duty to mobilise people in the UK in solidarity with the global south, to amplify their demands and build pressure on rich countries to take action.
For Global Justice Now, dealing with the structural root causes of climate chaos means changing the rules of the global economic system. That is:
- Changing international trade rules which give power to corporations and block climate action
- Changing how international aid support fossil fuel infrastructure in the global south
- Changing a global debt system which locks the global south into dependency on rich countries and prevents them from investing in climate action
- Demanding a new climate finance deal at COP26 that aims to provide the global south with $400 billion a year in grant-based climate finance
- Holding transnational corporations to account for undermining human rights and fuelling climate change
Support our climate campaign with a donation
We need urgent action on climate justice. With your support we can keep up the pressure and make real lasting change.
£5 could share resources exposing corporate complicity in environmental destruction
£10 could mobilise a grassroots network against climate chaos
£15 could help to amplify the voices of communities on the frontline of the climate crisis
Other ways to donate
Call us for free on 0800 328 2153 Monday-Thursday 9.30am-1pm or send a cheque payable to ‘Global Justice Now’ to ‘Global Justice Now, 66 Offley Road, London, SW9 0LS’. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.