Day of action against the US trade deal
Saturday 24 October
Take action against the US trade deal to protect services, standards, rights and democracy!
Supported by Global Justice Now, Keep Our NHS Public, War on Want, Traidcraft, We Own It, Open Rights Group, SumOfUs, Compassion in World Farming, Another Europe is Possible and the Stop Trump Coalition.
Plan for the day
We're taking a stand together on Saturday 24 October against the high risk US trade deal which could reshape our society into a corporate marketplace. People all across the country are taking action, and we will come together at the end of the day in an online rally.
If you do ONE thing for the day of action, send a photo message:
- Take a photo of yourself holding a message saying 'Stop the US trade deal' - the message could be a simple piece of paper (you could use this A4 poster), or carved on a pumpkin lantern, or another creative message
- Upload the photo to https://dropevent.com/stopUStradedeal - click on the pink 'Add photos' button and follow the instructions. We will share photos from around the country at the online rally and then send them all to Boris Johnson
- If you are on Twitter, tweet the photo using the hashtag #StoptheUSTradeDeal. Tag the trade minister, Liz Truss, @trussliz and your own MP, so they know you are opposed to the deal.
We know of events happening in Ayrshire, Bexhill and Hastings, Bournemouth, Bradford, Cambridge, Cleveland, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Macclesfield, Manchester, Merseyside, Nottingham, Oswestry, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading and York. To find out more or let us know of other events, contact email@example.com .
Join us to wrap up the day of action with an online rally at 5.30pm. We have a brilliant line up of speakers:
- George Monbiot, writer
- Sian Berry, co-leader Green Party (England and Wales)
- Dr Phil Hammond, NHS doctor, Private Eye writer and comedian
- Sharon Treat, senior attorney, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, US
- Glyn Moody, tech writer
- Dr Sonia Adesara, NHS doctor and activist
- Dave Prentis, general secretary, UNISON.
The rally is at 5.30pm on Saturday 24 October - register to get the link to join. See you there!