COP27 climate justice mobilisations
When: 11:00 am, November 12, 2022
Where: Locations across the country
Saturday 12 November will see mass mobilisations across the country and thousands of people taking to the streets to demand climate justice in solidarity with the Global Day of Action called by Egyptian groups at COP27. From the national and global cost of living crisis to devastating climate impacts in the global south, the need to end fossil fuel extraction has never been more urgent. On 12 November we will rise up together and fight for climate reparations and a worker-led transition to a just and sustainable future.
Global Justice Now supporters, activists and staff will be gathering from 11.30am at The International Brigade Memorial in Jubilee Gardens, Central London (see on map), with other members of the Climate Reparations Bloc. The meeting point for the march as a whole is 12 noon outside the Shell HQ, Belvedere Road SE1 (just next to Jubilee Gardens). The closest tube and rail station is Waterloo. We’ll update you with any more specific details, which will also be added to this page.
Meet Global Justice Now activists and staff at 12pm outside Abrdn’s office at 6 St Andrew Square (see on map), then together we’ll join the start of the march in St Andrew Square garden. The route of the march will bring to life the multiple crises we are facing. At each location, groups will engage the march in key issues and resistance: expect music, art and excitement! Check out the Facebook event for more info, including the specific route.
The list of decentralised protests just keeps growing and shows no signs of stopping! Additional locations will be added to the Climate Justice Coalition website as they’re announced, where you will also find meeting points and times. As it currently stands there will be additional rallies in:
- BATH – Kingston Parade 12:00
- BIRMINGHAM – Victoria Sq 14:00
- BLACKPOOL – Blackpool Tower 12:00
- BOURNEMOUTH – Bournemouth Pier 12:00
- BRISTOL – College Green 12:00
- CAERNARFON– Castle Square 13:00
- CARDIFF – Cardiff Crown Court 11:00
- CARMARTHEN – Carmarthen Park 12:30
- COVENTRY – Council House 13:30
- DERRY & DUBLIN
- EASTBOURNE – Train to London Demo
- LEAMINGTON SPA – Pump Room Gardens 12:00
- LEICESTER – Clock Tower 14:00
- LOWESTOFT – Britten Centre 12:00
- MACHYNLLETH – Owain Glyndwr parliament 12:00 (contact [email protected])
- MAIDSTONE – 33 Tonbridge Road 12:30
- MARKET DRAYTON – High Street 12:00
- MARKET HARBOROUGH – Old Grammar School 13:00
- NEWCASTLE – Grey’s Monument 12:00
- NORWICH – City Hall 12:00
- NOTTINGHAM – Trinity Square 11:00
- OXFORD – Cornmarket 12:00
- PERTH – High Street 10:50
- PLYMOUTH – Guildhall Sq 12:00
- PORTSMOUTH – Guildhall Sq 12:00
- SOUTHAMPTON – Guildhall Sq 12:45
- STRATFORD-UPON-AVON – Henley Street 13:30
- SHEFFIELD – Barkers Pool 12:00
- STAMFORD – Sheepmarket 11:30
- SWANSEA – Castle Square 12:00
- TAUNTON – Market House 11:00 (contact [email protected])
- TELFORD – Dale End Ironbridge 10:45
- WIMBORNE – Central Wimborne 10:00
- WINCHESTER – High Street 10:00 (contact [email protected])
Head to the Climate Justice Coalition website for times and meeting points, or follow the links to take you to the individual Facebook and Eventbrite pages. If you want to announce an event in your own town then email us at [email protected] and we’ll help you get set up.
At 2pm on Sunday 13 November, Norwood Forum are hosting a #COP27Norwood Community Conversation event in South East London. They will discuss how, locally, we can all make a difference at grass roots level that doesn’t cost us, quite literally, the earth. Reserve your free place here.
See you on the streets!
Locations across the country