Trade has always been part of society and always will be. But trade deals and trade rules nowadays are no longer so much about what most people think of as trade. Instead, they are often about giving huge new powers to big business, affecting every aspect of society from the public services to online privacy, from climate action to food standards.
We are campaigning to ensure trade deals work for people and planet. We are doing this by fighting for parliament to have a meaningful say over trade deals, challenging high risk UK trade deals and calling for an end to corporate courts.
A US-UK trade deal could see chlorinated chicken on our shelves, sky high medicine prices for the NHS and action on the climate emergency blocked. We can't let that happen. >>> Find out more
- Sign the petition to oppose a toxic US trade deal
- Take action in your local area - our activist guide has ideas whether you want to take action from your home or socially distant on the streets
- Order a #TrumpInYourTrolley activist pack and take action at your local supermarket to raise awareness about the dangers of a US-UK trade deal.
- Learn more with Trade Secrets, a short book exposing the corporate agenda behind the US trade deal and explaining how we can stop it. Download or order your copy.
- Join the Day of action against the US deal on 24 October 2020
Parliament and the people currently have no real say over post-Brexit trade deals. This is a massive democratic deficit. Thousands of us have taken action, and parliament agrees with us. >>> Find out more
Trade and investment deals are giving big business unique powers to sue governments for democratic decisions that affect corporate profit. We are calling for an end to these corporate courts. >>> Find out more
More in depth
- Read about the dangers of a trade deal with Trump
- Learn how the e-commerce trade agenda promotes corporate power and threatens the global south