Take the #noTTIP Train to Brussels
On 3 and 4 February 2015, we will be taking a group of people to Brussels to raise our voices against TTIP in the heart of the European Union. You are invited to join us.
It will be a busy couple of days in the EU’s capital and it all happens as the next round of TTIP negotiations also takes place in Brussels. We are still working on the schedule but included in the trip will be:
- A walking tour of the corporate and lobbying villains of Brussels with the Corporate Europe Observatory
- A meeting hosted by Green MEPs and including civil society campaigners from across the EU
- A chance to lobby your MEPs
- A protest at the European Commission featuring FoEE’s huge inflatable Trojan Horse.
How to get a ticket
Tickets are priced at £150 (but we do offer subsidies - see below), and cover the return Eurostar train plus overnight hotel accommodation. To buy a ticket:
- Phone us on 020 7820 4900 during office hours with your credit card to hand, or
- Send a cheque to Guy Taylor, World Development Movement, 66 Offley Road London SW9 0LS, made payable to World Development Movement
We offer subsidies if you can convince us you need one, which can bring the price down to anywhere between £50 and £140. Also, some trade unions will be willing to sponsor delegates to represent them in Brussels, and other groups are organising whip rounds and fundraisers to ensure they have someone at the EU Parliament in February. Phone Guy on 020 7820 4900 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a subsidy.
We will be encouraging people who travel to Brussels to report back to our groups and other organisations across the UK. We want this to raise the profile of the campaign in the UK and the pressure on the TTIP negotiations.